Wednesday 12 April 2017

Source: 17 little known facts about 2001: A Space Odyssey

I'm back with another source and this time it is about facts some people didn't know about 2001: A Space Odyssey.
When researching facts about 2001, I saw this link that was saying 17 facts about the film that most people might know.
So, I looked at the source and read through it, and yes I didn't really know that much about behind the scenes of making the film.

I will share a few facts I found...not too many though as you have to read the source if you want to find out more.

Harvard Reference:


  • Joel Willans, 2013. 17 little known facts about 2001: A Space Odyssey (online) Available at: http://inktank.fi/17-little-know-facts-about-2001-a-space-odyssey/ (Accessed 12th April)


Screenshot:



The first one I found was interesting was that the first 25 minutes of the film and last 23 minutes had no dialogue - I think this is really cool because it means in total that the film has 48 minutes in total with no diaglogue.

Another fact I found really interesting and was very shocked when I read it was it has only 205 shots that include special effects.

HAL, the computer generated machine, was organically going to be voiced by a female and was going to be called Athena.

During the scenes when the film is set in Space, there is no music apart from background music - this is because in real life, there is no sound in Space so Ridley wanted to make the film as realistic as possible.


And that is all the facts I am going to give you today, some facts will help me with certain learning outcomes for my essay.

Best,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment